Keep Your Forklift Operators Trained and Certified
Although some may wonder why forklift safety training is so essential, it becomes quite clear when you start looking deeper into the injury and accident statistics for these industrial trucks.
The OSHA statistics on injuries both fatal and non-fatal involving forklift operators allows one to see why forklift training is so critical.
It also becomes quite clear why OSHA has very strict standards for Forklifts and Forklift Operators.
Another point to consider is that the fines imposed by OSHA for violations of those standards are several thousand dollars. Not keeping your forklift operators trained and certified can cost you in more ways than you realize.
Here Are Some Sobering Facts Regarding Forklift Accidents & Injuries Provided by OSHA and Safety in Numbers
- OSHA estimates that forklifts account for 61,800 minor injuries, 34,900 serious injuries, and 85 forklift-related deaths every year.
- 42% of the fatal forklift accidents are caused by the forklift tipping over and crushing the operator.
- Close to 24% of major forklift accidents occur in the construction industry.
- Another 12.5% in the wholesale trade industry.
- The transport industry totals around 11% for fatal injuries.
- Even in the retail trade, there is a 9% fatal injury statistic.
Numerous studies that have been conducted over the years have concluded that many forklift accidents can be prevented when the forklift operator has been trained. In fact the top three reasons cited for injuries and accidents are as follows:
- Poorly trained driver
- Operating a forklift with an elevated load
Bottom line: OSHA’s requirements to not only get all forklift operators trained but to evaluate and retrain as necessary every three years keep employees and companies safe.
ROI Safety Services forklift safety training Daly City program has two forklift training courses for businesses and their employees. Both courses conform to all OSHA requirements.
If You Need to enroll to Forklift Safety Training Daly City program, You Have Two Different Options with ROI Safety Services:
- Onsite training – Required for forklift operator training.
- Zoom training – Forklift Train the Trainer Program and Training Kit.
ROI Safety Services travels all over California providing OSHA Safety Training. They will come to you in Daly City and deliver Forklift Training to your employees.
Call Today For More Information On Certified Forklift Operator Training In Daly City, CA.
ROI Safety Services Only Provides Forklift Training to Companies and their employees.